Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Vagabond(edness)


Khanabadosh....that's precisely how I find myself summing up the state of my mind for the past few weeks and this state keeps reminding me of my (lack of) self worth every few months (at times couple of years if I have been lucky enough to earn some marginally higher number of bookmarks in my well wishers' good books). Today, on yet another D-day (after 17 months this time) it has me just completely consumed!

Shifting house always evokes an unparalleled low sense of being and makes for nauseating emotions, especially when there is absolutely no one known around to cheer up your spirits. In a house which was never yours after spending few days only you feel like having developed a sense of attachment with even its walls. Then one fine day it's all over as you (most often) HAVE TO call it a day and hope for a new strenuous beginning all over again!

Here I am, juggling with few random & completely unfamiliar faces from my chosen movers & packers. Beyond a point you have to leave yourself at their mercy and give them benefit of doubt for their professionalism and trustworthiness. No choice. Period. I tried being a watchful owner of my house belongings for nearly six hours (even as it's just the packing / loading part of the job and hence for the day's deliverable it's not even half the job done) but then gave up on my luck for being exacting any beyond. For one last time I rather felt like hugging these stones I got so used to.

To cut the above mundane crap, which at the best could be rejected by one and all as a battered soul's desperate attempt to seek sympathy over his helplessness. But to think of it, this is pretty much the case with most living on rented dreams. Isn't it?  Shifting every now and then especially in a city like Mumbai can just drain the last drop of one's body fluid.

Now, after 13 hours of relentless pursuit to get everything done on a reasonably best efforts basis and after having employed the services of probably the most expensive Agrawal Movers and Packers which shamelessly reasons that it charges double from what others do as it doesn't compromise on the service delivery! Such a disgrace. They just shamelessly dumped everything at my new place (without unpacking & doing all or any of what it had promised while throwing its quotation as if to mock me up should I even think of questioning their irrational pricing) and expected me to give them TIP for it! Only our politicians can beat Agrawal M&P when it comes to brazen arrogance. They just rely on the brand name they have created while relying that there would always be fools like me who believe that if the price charged is double than the services ought to be world class! I am now forced into believing that I probably hired an imposter who stole the identity of the industry veteran.

I pity all the lesser mortals like me who are at the mercy of two parties viz. the house owner (the landlord) & more importantly the movers and packers. Try anyone in the business but never ever put your faith and hard earned money in such thieves as Agrawal. You deserve better.

.....any way as always, thou shall pass the acid test today (and in the weeks to come)....hold tight Ritesh Garg....just do it and hope for a welcome change to your eco-system!

(C) Rits Original
Scorpiofury.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment